Lunette cup review
Reusable menstrual cups function like a tampon. However, unlike a tampon they don’t get thrown away or pose the risk of toxic shock syndrome. Lunette menstrual cups come in two sizes and a variety of colors. They are made in Finland from soft, medical grade, FDA approved silicone and are produced with high-quality standards. Take a look at both models below and read about my experience using the Lunette cup.
Post contains affiliate links
My original lunette menstrual cup was a win from their facebook page. I received the cup around the same time as my Lena cup and I avoided using it for a few months. My Lena cup felt softer and to me, that meant it would be more comfortable. This was an error on my part.
To my surprise, when I decided to test out my lunette cup, I found it to be the most comfortable menstrual cup I’ve tried yet! I’ve tested out 5 others, so that’s saying a lot. Despite feeling more firm in my hand, I truly forget about wearing this cup when I’m out and about and even used it running last week.
Lunette cups come in two sizes: Model 1 and Model 2. Looking at the images below, the blue cup is the Model 2 and the violet is the Model 1. As you can see, the cups differ in size and shape and the length difference is made up with a longer stem for the smaller Model 1.
Lunette cup features include:
- Available in 2 sizes
- Model 1
- The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches).
- The stem measures 25 mm (1 inch).
- The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz).
- Measuring lines: 5ml (0.17 oz) and 13.5ml (0.46 oz).
- Light flow
- Softer silicone than the Model 2
- Recommended for teens, those with strong vaginal wall &
- Also recommended for low cervix and/or sensitive bladder
- Model 2
- The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2 inches).
- The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches).
- The volume of the cup is 30 ml (1.0 fl oz).
- Measuring lines: 7.5ml (0.25 oz) and 15ml (0.5 oz)
- Normal to heavy flow
- Firmer silicone than the Model 1
- Recommended to those who have given birth
- Made Finland
- Medical grade, FDA approved silicone
- Hypoallergenic and Toxin free
- Available in 6 colors!
- Blue, Violet, Pink, Yellow, Clear & Coral
- Can be worn overnight, up to 12 hours
(The image below is made for Pinterest, they like vertical images)
I love my lunette cup. As I mentioned, I was surprised to find that for me personally, the cup is very comfortable. I have the yellow Model 2 and can wear it on my heaviest day, the day when I feel like I’m peeing blood, and only empty it every few hours.
The size 2 has a nice firmness and I even feel comfortable wearing it to go running. It doesn’t squish and flex like some of the softer cups I have that bend and leak if I move a lot.
Do I recommend it?
While not every cup fits every vagina, this is a good place to start. There are kits available with both cup sizes so you can test them both out and has a long list of standards and quality control. The lunette cup is toxin-free and does not contain any phthalates, bisphenol A, or heavy metals.
The lunette cup holds the coveted Key Flag award for superior products made in Finland, TGA (Australia) and FDA 510K (USA) review. That’s pretty cool.
Returns and warranty
The lunette cup, like the diva cup, comes without warranty and because it’s worn in the vagina it’s non-returnable. That being said, it is important to purchase an authentic cup and avoid knock-offs. Why? They can be made with chemicals you don’t want in your vagina and are not subject to quality control and the strict standards held by the lunette company.
Where can you buy the lunette cup?
There is a huge selection on my affiliate at Amazon and of course, on the lunette website.
Affiliate banner below